Job function: Strategy & Insight
Salary: Competitive market rate salary
We're looking for an Insight Analyst to join our team in London as part of our Strategy function.
The role will work across Ascential and cover two main areas:
- Project-based delivery – Working within virtual teams to deliver specific projects, focusing on defining, collecting, analysing, interpreting and visualising/presenting data that can be used to drive the business. The team will be measured on ensuring projects can demonstrate the impact of change specifically related to financial performance. In addition, it is key that information is easily available to the wider stakeholder community and that reusable business processes can be handed over to the in-brand operational teams.
- Provision of central capability improvements – Utilising outputs delivered within projects to increase capability in other brands and reporting outputs. Driving consistency of the information that is consumed across the brands and providing thought leadership on how to utilise the outputs.
- Deliver insight projects across the Ascential brands, promoting the use of information to drive decision making, including defining, collecting, analysing, interpreting and visualising/presenting data that can be used to drive the business
- Bring a consistency of delivery across Ascential by championing methodologies and best practice
- Become active and engaged member of various project teams, driving ability to measure project impact and skill to share robust results with the wider business
- Help to create the Ascential Insight presentation layer through the design and creation of dashboards and reports
- Previously held roles in insight function
- Working across multiple stakeholders in matrix reporting structures
- Designed and created Insight reports for consumption across different business teams
- Ability to turn data into actionable insights, and present it back to stakeholders
- Working across finance, web analytics, CRM, marketing automation and content analytics
- Can demonstrate previous experience where analytical outcomes have driven business improvements, and the impact these have had financially
- History of promoting customer analysis with the ability to use analytics to understand the impact of activity on the customer
- Worked in B2B subscription or event type businesses is desirable but not essential
- Presented complex insight outputs to non-insight peers and colleagues in a way that is understandable and has impact
- Experience in developing predictive models within the commercial environment
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, with a real drive to see ‘test & learn’ approaches adopted
- Comfortable asking difficult questions about how change or activity will be measured and what targets need to be achieved
- Adept at interacting with stakeholders; highly personable
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Able to use data and insight creatively
- Use of data analytics tools, platforms and coding languages such as Looker, Google BigQuery, DataRobot, SQL, R and Python
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint
- Keen eye for detail with a genuine interest in understanding the journey data travels along
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know so that we can support you.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
Ascential delivers specialist information, analytics and ecommerce optimisation platforms to the world's leading consumer brands and their ecosystems.
Our world-class businesses improve performance and solve problems for our customers by delivering immediately actionable information combined with visionary longer-term thinking across Digital Commerce, Product Design and Marketing. We also serve customers across Retail & Financial Services.
With more than 2,000 employees across five continents, we combine local expertise with a global footprint for clients in over 120 countries.
Ascential is headquartered in the UK and listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
Ascential Youtube Channel