CMS have an exciting opportunity for a Legal Technologist/Senior Legal Technologist to be based in our Glasgow, Edinburgh, Sheffield or Manchester office.
CMS is a Future Facing firm. With 75 offices in 43 countries and 4,800+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Our bold approach to a changing future ensures that we nurture our employees and recruit top talent.
About the Role
As a Legal Technologist within the Legal Tech Tools team, you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of new, time and cost-saving solutions and projects to clients across our business.
With the appropriate training and guidance required, your key responsibilities will be:
* Assisting at each stage of the development of new products and services, and the delivery to clients and divisions of new solutions
* Configuring client sites, including document automation and data visualisation
* Assisting with the assessment and deployment of new software solutions
* Interacting with internal teams and clients regarding project design and delivery
* Adhere to guidelines on consistency and appropriate use of processes and programmes used by the team
* Assisting in analysing data captured by various solutions
* Engaging across the Firm to promote Legal Technology and Innovation including attending internal and external meetings and proactively identifying and promoting opportunities to use technology to solve problems
Knowledge, skills and experience
* A positive, enthusiastic, conscientious and proactive approach
* Effective organisational and time management skills when managing priorities and incoming task requests
* A high level of attention to detail
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating an ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels
* The ability to work to tight timescales with a sense of urgency, consistently demonstrating a flexible, proactive "can-do" attitude
* Ability to plan and manage work
* A willingness to learn and a desire to work in the field of legal technology
* Must be resilient, diplomatic and able to deal with challenging stakeholders
* Prior experience of working in a legal, technical or innovation role within a commercial law firm
* Previous experience of studying for a Legal, technical or innovation course
* An awareness of the challenges affecting law firms and the changing legal services market
* An awareness of the legal technology market and its trends
* An understanding of the application of innovative technologies to legal practice and support services
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive. For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please view the Diversity & Inclusion pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.