CMS are recruiting for an Assistant Management Accountant to join their expanding Finance & Accounting Team in Edinburgh!
CMS is a Future Facing firm. With 75 offices in 43 countries and 4,800+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Our bold approach to a changing future ensures that we nurture our employees and recruit top talent.
About the Role
Reporting into the Group Management Accountants and ultimately the Group Financial & Management Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
We'd like you to have the following experience:
* Prior experience in a management accounting / group finance role (essential)
* Strong analytical and MS Excel skills (essential)
* Practical knowledge of UK GAAP / FRS102 (desirable)
* Experience of Elite Enterprise / Elite 3E and SAP Business Objects (desirable)
We'd like you to have the following competencies:
* Able to bring and apply basic knowledge to the role under general supervision.
* Good organisational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to operate independently.
* Able to discuss and present issues in a confident, professional and appropriate way.
* Good understanding of financial controls and practical application of policies.
* Self-motivated with a flexible approach to workload, persevering to get the job done.
* Disciplined working under pressure, a team player diligent and reliable in nature.
* Hands-on and proactive with a positive "can do" approach.
* Pride in producing high quality, accurate and timely information.
* Well organised with determination to meet agreed deadlines.
* Good communication skills and the ability to deal with non-finance related personnel.
We'd like you to have the following qualifications:
* Part Qualified Accountant working towards ICAS, ACCA, CIMA or Equivalent (essential)
* Have a relevant degree in finance and accounting (2.1 preferred)
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive.
For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here to view the diversity pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.