Working closely with the rest of the marketing and business development team, this is an opportunity for an individual to develop a career in marketing in a professional services organisation. The client and other relationship data we hold underpins all of the firm's marketing and business development activity and is becoming an increasingly important part of the firm's digital marketing and client strategies. This is an entry level role providing the opportunity to learn how we capture, manage and use the data we hold to support the firm's marketing campaigns and win new work. The team brings together marketing, design, communications, PR, digital and pitching experts who this individual will work with and can learn from. Under the supervision of the CRM Manager, the CRM apprentice will help improve and enhance the information we hold to help the business to achieve its objectives.
Alongside their role there will be the opportunity for the individual to undertake their Level 3 Marketing Assistant Apprenticeship.
What you'll be doing
- Learning about the sectors and service lines offered by the firm and the priorities for growth for the firm
- Researching data using internal resources such as the internal business new website and external resources including LinkedIn, organisation websites and online directories to enhance the data we hold
- Building up knowledge about our email marketing platform, website and digital channels to be able to review campaigns and report on what has been achieved
- Learning about integrated marketing campaigns and how we capture valuable insight into our clients' needs and interests
- Working with business development colleagues to mine, review and manipulate the CRM data for target audiences
- Assisting with auditing of the data by running regular searches to identify trends in client behaviour as well as identify and rectify inconsistencies and other data quality issues
- Advising and demonstrating to members of the team and lawyers across the business on how to use the CRM system to achieve their business objectives
- Assisting the wider department with events, delegate lists, badges and other marketing work as required
Desired skills and experience
- Excellent attention to detail is of primary importance for this role
- Focus and concentration for routine tasks with a methodical and logical approach
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines
- The ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing
- Ability to learn about the confidentiality issues surrounding the handling of data
- Be able to grasp concepts quickly
- Experience working with data desirable but not essential
- GCSE or A Level / NVQ qualifications – essential
- Experience or understanding of working in an office would be beneficial
- A desire to learn about businesses and sectors to support business development.
- A desire to learn about all aspects of marketing from communications campaigns, digital marketing and social media, client account management, business development
- A strong team player; ready to help colleagues.
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines under pressure; ability to use initiative and work with limited supervision with a positive, proactive attitude.
- Polite professional manner, flexible and committed
- The role involves occasional travel within England and the flexibility to work outside of offices hours when running events.
- Desire to study alongside work
Following the successful completion of the Level 3 Marketing Assistant Apprenticeship, the individual has the potential to have a successful marketing career at Trowers & Hamlins. Predecessors in this role have moved into other marketing roles within the team.