We're looking for a strong Retail Data Strategist to join our team in London and become an integral part of our Content function.
We are looking for a strategic and commercial individual to provide world class analysis and content for WGSN’s Fashion’s Retail & Buying area. The Retail Data Strategist will produce data led forecast content and presentations identifying business opportunities for our design and buying clients at an item and category level using a combination of WGSN’s proprietary datasets across ecommerce, social media and online consumer surveys. You must demonstrate an enthusiasm for fashion product and have experience of using data to predict market momentum. In a fashion retail organisation, this role would sit at an equivalent industry level to an experienced assistant buyer/assistant merchandiser or entry level buyer/merchandiser.
- Producing written content and high quality analysis for WGSN‘s retail and buying area. Creating content that is based on a keen understanding of the global fashion market, the operations of its leading players, their trading and product phasing calendars and fashion trends at an item and category level. An understanding of consumer trends and shopping behaviours and their impact on commerciality and sales is also key
- Taking primary and secondary research across a variety of quantitative data sets and creating insights that provide actionable recommendations to benefit the client's future business
- Focusing on future focused trends-based analysis (with data evidence) which always includes calls to action that add value to clients’ workflows and drives thought leadership
- Tackling the challenge of extracting business intelligence from the data. You will have an ability to see beyond the numbers and link analysis to current news and market trends
- Generating charts/tables that give insightful views of key business issues and opportunities and proactively suggesting ways to visualise complex data sets
- Working across cross-functional teams including data analysts, creative strategists and client services' and across territories, to ensure consistency of data analysis throughout the company
- Responsibility for all projects being delivered on brief, in a relevant, insightful and commercially successful manner with data integrity at the core
- Ensuring all content produced is topical, agile & timely, with a keen focus on growth opportunities and strategies
- Being a strong participant and contributor to WGSN’s creation, sharing and learning culture, providing inspiration and relevant information for the benefit of the global content team’s deliverables
- Ideally 2 to 3 years of experience in an analyst role at a retail intelligence firm preferably working predominantly within fashion retail reporting or, experience in fashion retail buying & merchandising at an experienced assistant buyer/merchandiser or entry level buyer/merchandiser level
- Commercially minded with the ability to understand and respond to the requirements of various fashion categories and segments across value, to mainstream to luxury retail
- Proven ability to analyse large amounts of data and pinpoint trends that will impact the market with the ability to distinguish between what is important and what is not, making the complex simple
- Strong communication and organisational skills with ability to tackle work within a global team
- Curious, flexible and strategic thinker that can inspire their peers
- Working knowledge of SQL or Python
- Advanced Excel
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills with data visualisation & reporting
- Working knowledge of and proven working experience with visualisation tools such as Tableau
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.