CMS are looking for an efficient and helpful Credit Controller!
CMS is a Future Facing firm. With 75 offices in 43 countries and 4,800+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Our bold approach to a changing future ensures that we nurture our employees and recruit top talent.
* To support the Practice Group Finance team in the management of the Firm's debtors whilst maintaining good client relationships.
* Consistently deliver high quality services on time, with a focus on responsiveness, client satisfaction, effective client communication and client service orientation.
* Assist in identifying and implementing ways to develop and deliver products and services to meet client objectives and business needs.
* Assist in Identifying and implementing process improvements that maximise efficiency and effectiveness.
* Assist in identifying and executing ways to develop and enhance relationships with clients.
* Enforcement of CMS credit policies including query resolution and treatment of bad/doubtful debt.
* Daily debt reviews using ARCS calendar to chase outstanding debt, ensuring all information is fully recorded onto ARCS system, adhering to the best practice guidelines.
* Liaison with external and internal clients to progress payment of invoices.
* Handling client queries, escalating to the Practice Group Finance Team or Partner as required.
* Engage in discussions with Practice Group Finance team on debtor issues.
* Maintaining up to date bad and doubtful debt provisions.
* Working with the Debt Recovery Team in minimising overdue debt.
* Account reconciliations to ensure correct allocation of Funds received.
* Production of manual statements.
* Knowledge of credit control process.
* Knowledge of a legal billing system would be beneficial.
* Proficient in MS Excel and Word.
* Computer literate - basic typing skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate at all levels, confident, with professional telephone manner.
* Analytical skills to resolve queries.
* Shows flexibility in approach.
* Is enthusiastic about role and keen to contribute to team.
* Works to given timeframes and anticipates likely workflows.
* Consistently produces accurate work.
* Preferably experienced in account management
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive. For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please view the Diversity & Inclusion pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.