Senior HR Adviser
35 hours per week, 9:30am to 5:30pm but additional hours may be required. We are happy to consider agile and flexible working patterns and are piloting a hybrid working approach, please contact a member of the recruitment team to discuss further.
Hogan Lovells is one of the leading global law firms. Our distinctive market position is founded on our exceptional breadth of our practice, on deep industry knowledge, and on our 'one team' global approach. Formed through the combination of two top international law firms, Hogan Lovells has over 40 offices in the Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle East and Africa. With a presence in the world's major financial and commercial markets, we are well placed to provide excellent business-oriented advice to our clients locally and internationally. Our people are the key to our success, which is why we seek to recruit and retain the most talented individuals in all regions of our global practice.
The People team is responsible for all people management activities in the London office in relation to legal staff (including those seconded to clients and international offices), business support staff and PAs.
The HR Administrator will provide support to the Senior HR Manager, HR Manager and Senior HR Adviser as well as hold core task responsibilities and ensure the provision of a professional and high quality HR service to the Business Service Functions.
This role provides administrative support to the business services advisory teams in London, working closely with the PeopleAdmin team in Johannesburg.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Reviewing the bi-weekly movement report ensuring all probation and trial period reminders are actioned, flagging any other actions required to the relevant HRM/A and follow up as directed
- Track people movements, to include leavers, joiners, family leave and secondments, flagging to the relevant HRM/A any actions required
- Co-ordination of new joiner and contingent worker processes with the PeopleAdmin team, including conducting ID checks for new joiners and contingent workers
- New joiner induction - to include responsibility for updating and maintaining the HR induction slides, delivering the weekly HR induction and conducting right to work checks as required
- Run weekly sickness absence reports, flagging to the relevant HRM/A any actions required. Liaising with PeopleAdmin to produce any OSP letters as directed by the HRM/A. Co-ordination of notification emails for sickness absences and collect sickness notes and return to work forms
- Preparing regular holiday reports in a timely and user friendly way
- Support the HRM/A in producing regular and adhoc reports liaising with the HRIS reporting team and PeopleAdmin
- Provide administrative support at salary review, to include booking meetings, preparing documentation, updating spreadsheets and other ad hoc tasks as required by the HRM/A
- Review offer paperwork and letters
- Draft letters, emails and internal communications to the business e.g. referrals to Occupational Health, disciplinary invites, performance improvement plans etc
- Support the Senior HR Adviser with exit interviews and family leave meetings and administration as required
- Act as the main point of contact for parental transition coaching referrals
- Process invoices as required
- Assist with internal salary benchmarking
- Note taking at meetings as required
- Any other ad hoc support as required, including supporting on projects, running reports, drafting documentation
- All members of the firm participate in our Responsible Business program.
Specific duties or responsibilities may be reviewed from time to time to reflect changes in personnel and management structure, staff location or services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Presentation skills
- Note taking skills
- Client orientated approach
- Ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues and internal clients at all levels of seniority
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise own workload and deal with conflicting priorities to complete tasks to a deadline
- Flexible approach to work and responsibilities and a 'can do' proactive approach
- Understands and appreciates the confidential nature of HR work.
Qualifications & Training
- Minimum 5 GCSE's or equivalent at A-C including English and Maths.
- Prior experience in an administrative role, which at times is pressurised with a high degree of customer focus/service
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office
- An interest in gaining HR knowledge and experience within a fast paced professional services environment.