Why join us?
CMR is an exciting and evolving company to be joining right now. Our commitment to our goal of building a world-class medical devices company is underpinned by the ground-breaking innovation of our next generation of surgical robots and a diverse team of talented and supportive individuals. Everyone at CMR has the passion and desire to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered.
We’re breaking new ground which makes working here exciting, it provides autonomy, opportunity and makes the things you do visible – if you’re great at managing your own time, are creative, patient and resilient, we think you’ll fit right in.
Reporting to the Production Manager, and leading a cell within a close-knit team, this role will see you taking responsibility for:
- Leading the technicians in your cell and developing their skills and their careers. Managing attendance and time keeping, dealing effectively with any issues that may occur through the correct process. Monitoring operator training and performance and carrying out regular one to one reviews and appraisals.
- Making your cell a great place to work while making it highly productive. Working closely with the Master scheduler and Production Manager, scheduling and organising the work within the cell, appreciating demand and cell capacity to match them as much as possible.
- Agreeing and communicating the targets for your cell and making sure they are met. Enabling production process to run as efficiently as possible by ensuring all raw materials and work orders are ready before the start of each job.
- Ensure that the quality standards are maintained and improved on, making appropriate decisions online to rework or reject material that does not meet the specifications we work to.
- Being aware if issue arising within the cell, taking responsibility for ensuring that problems are dealt with in a timely fashion, seeking adequate resources or escalated and communicated effectively.
- Working with our EPR system to ensure that everything your cell does is correctly controlled, and any other appropriate Software systems specific to the cell.
- Being able to work across the department if called up.
- Managing and delivering small projects in the cell to improve the process. Participating in continuous improvement initiatives, like 6S.
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the manufacturing remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
It’s taken for granted that you’ll be great at working as part of a team, bringing your strong work ethic and a proven desire to deliver high quality products. We’d also like you to have:
- A clear ability to inspire and manage a team of technicians in a high performance production cell
- Strong communication skills with all levels of the organization
- A positive and adaptable attitude
- A can-do attitude for a variety of tasks including, goods-in inspection, stock control and manufacture
- Proven practical experience of leading high tech assembly or test (preferably within a regulated environment such as medical/pharmaceutical or aerospace)
- A careful approach to assembly, lab and tool use
- The ability to keep accurate records, in line with cGMP
- The ability to demonstrate dedication, integrity, initiative and self-motivation
Naturally you’ll have a relevant NVQ / BTEC qualification, and at least 5 GCSEs at greater than C grade. Good written English is essential, as is the ability to use Microsoft Office suite tools, including Excel.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package including non-contributory pension, private healthcare and a bonus scheme. In addition, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork. CMR is committed to promoting a diverse, open and collaborative work environment – a place where we can be ourselves and succeed on merit. We believe an environment like this is where ideas can truly flourish and balanced with a healthy dose of fun, it ensures that our people stay and develop. We welcome applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!
This role will be relocating to Ely in 2023.