Internal Audit (IA) provides independent and objective assurance designed to add value and improve the Bank’s operations. It assists UTB in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a risk based, systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the organisation's risk management procedures, control systems and governance processes.
- The candidate will assist the delivery of the audit programme under the supervision of the Head of Internal Audit (HIA).
- The candidate will be a self-starter with a can-do and inquisitive attitude, a strong communicator, and able to work independently as well as part of the team.
- The role requires a desire to gain experience of and evaluate Bank-wide operations in a small, supportive and effective IA team.
- The scope and nature of audits will vary and areas audited include all lending divisions, corporate functions and second line functions such as Credit, Risk and Compliance as well as Bank-wide risks.
Skills and experience sought:
- Minimum of three years’ experience working in Internal Auditor / External Auditor or within Internal Control functions within the Financial Sector.
- Fully qualified (MIAA, PIIA, ACCA, ACA, CA, CIMA) preferred.
- Experience of data analytics and/or management preferred.