About the Role
As the Junior Premises Co-ordinator, you will help provide exceptional client service to a forward-thinking law firm whilst gaining valuable experience and exposure to all aspects of the Premises & Property function. Working as part of the premises team, you will be responsible for assisting across a wide range of projects, moves and activities related to our entire CMS-CMNO global portfolio. You will also work with and assist colleagues in the Facilities & Procurement teams as necessary.
The role holder will provide general support to ongoing relevant premises projects
* Assisting in the maintenance and improvement of our office lease database, ensuring relevant parties are kept informed of upcoming lease renewals, breaks & rent reviews
* Supporting the organisation of scheduled strategy and programmes meetings
* Work autonomously to plan and prioritise own work and support the work of the other members of the Premises team to manage competing project timescales
* Identify and implement process improvements that maximise efficiency and effectiveness
* Work alongside and supporting colleagues in the Premises team, thus gaining experience in finance & procurement functions.
* Responsibility for the preparation of documents, reports, agendas and minutes as requested
* Provide support to our other CMS CMNO office as required
* Assist with any physical office moves or refurbishments, which can involve infrequent weekend or evening working.
* Provide practical support to managers, both within the Premises team and the wider Facilities & Procurement teams, in the management of their teams providing a 'sounding board' for the discussion and resolution of difficult issues.
Undertaking other duties from time to time as may be required by Premises Manager or other team members.
Degree Educated is desirable but not essential - a background in the build environment or project management related field preferable
* IOSH Managing Safely (preferable)
* Experience liaising effectively with individuals at all levels within the customer and supplier environments.
* Experience of the above in either a law firm or professional services environment (preferable)
* At least two years' experience of working within a professional services environment; ideally with some level of construction/property related experienceConfident and persuasive communicator who can connect with stakeholders across the wider business at a multitude of seniorities
* Ability to understand and synthesize complex data and management information to provide insights and analysis to senior management
* Confident at building and maintaining professional relationships with proven stakeholder management experience
* Outstanding communication skills both written and oral and ability to tailor communication style to audience.
* Ability to deliver within strict deadlines and to budget whilst managing conflicting workloads and priorities
* Highly service focussed with a 'can do' attitude
* Excellent organisation skills and strong attention to detail
* A good decision maker, able to work on own initiative where necessary
* Proven project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects at once
* Strong team player, able to work with many different work styles
* Able to prioritise well to meet deadlines
* Ability to listen, question and interpret information to understand requirements
* Ability to suggest creative/innovative solutions
* Ability to read and interpret floorplans and drawing elevations
* Proactive and highly motivated and able to cope well under pressure
* Good numerical and problem solving skills
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive. For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.