Owen Reed are recruiting for a Document Production Specialist to join a top law firm in London.
Monday to Friday 15h30 - 00h00
Hybrid Working : 2 days a month in the office
The Document Production Specialist role is part of the DP team and it supports case handlers, legal support assistants, paralegals and the firm’s BD teams. Working alongside other Document Production Specialists (DPS) and Document Production Assistants (DPA), the successful candidate will be required to generate high-quality work that is turned around swiftly and precisely.
• Edit and format large amounts of documents and correspondence. Using multiple Microsoft Office applications, create/modify and format/compare complex legal documentation.
• Work from briefs to produce documentation and paperwork on schedule
• Transcribe audio files accurately and upload them to various case management systems.
• Convert PDF files into fully functioning documents in a variety of MSO packages.
• Manipulate/Prepare diagrams in Word/PowerPoint slides, Excel spreadsheets and other ad-hoc requirements as requested by the FEs and their assistants.
• Collaborate with the other members of the DP team to ensure deadlines are met and effectively communicate when assistance is needed to do so.
• Proactively share experience and knowledge, as well as improve procedure and systems.
• In a time-sensitive setting, provide quick and effective solutions to document issues for clients. Utilise established templates, adhere to brand guidelines and best practices.
• Deliver consistently high-quality service on schedule, with a focus on responsiveness and client satisfaction.
• Occasionally assist the Coordinator to ensure smooth day-to-day operations and coordination of the team, including direct liaison with internal clients, and coordinate the even distribution of workloads within the team, as well as negotiate deadlines with clients, updating them on work progress, delays, or alternations to deadlines.
Essential Skills & Experience
• Demonstrated prior Document Production experience
• Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel and MS Visio) and the ability to troubleshoot the applicable software programmes.
• MSO certification is desired but not essential
• Quick and accurate audio typing
• Knowledge of Document cleaning software and DocXTools
• Working knowledge of File Site/iManage is essential.
• Knowledge of Visual Files, Axxia, Matter Sphere and Prolaw CMS is desired.
• Good knowledge of legal terminology
• Attention to detail with a focus on accuracy and quality; ability to collaborate across the team and work on many projects at the same time while ensuring excellent outcomes.
• The ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team setting is required. • Excellent verbal and written communication abilities as well as and interpersonal skills.
• Good judgment and organisational skills as well as strong decision-making and problem-solving ability and solutions-oriented attitude, capable of asking for and following guidance.
• Capable of working independently and collaboratively as part of a team; self-motivated to ensure continued self-development.
• Able to handle documents and information that is sensitive or confidential with care.