So, what makes a Legal Assistant role with Stowe so different? Well, that would be;
- The responsibility of being involved in a wide range of fee earning duties, developing your competencies and managing legal tasks alongside a family law specialist lawyer. It is an opportunity to be part of a firm which only specialises in family law and holds exceptional client care at the heart of everything they do.
Who ‘is Stowe Family Law?
- We’re the country's largest specialist family law firm with over 90 Lawyers across 49 offices. We all come to work every day and pull together; the way we help our clients is exceptional because Family Law is all we do. In the last few years we’ve grown our business by over 150% and laid the groundwork to build something really special, so now is a great time to join us.
Ideally, you will be:
- Personable, friendly and driven in the pursuit of excellent client care.
- currently working as a legal assistant within family law or have knowledge of family law processes or
- recently graduated. Stowe welcomes not only law graduates but those from other subject areas. The key requirement is to be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in or knowledge of family law processes.
- Aligned to Stowe values, in particular, ‘We Want Growth’ – see below
Meet the Reading team
- Liaising with clients and solicitors, taking detailed messages, ensuring clients are kept informed of progress and supported in their communications with us.
- Calls to Court and to other third parties
- Populating and maintaining a case management system
- Diary management/organising meetings
- Attending meetings and preparing follow-up notes
- Researching property particulars for clients
- Undertaking searches (Land Registry/Company)
- Analysing supporting documents/noting discrepancies
- Preparing assets schedules
- Drafting court forms/documentation following mediation/negotiation agreement
- Preparation of (E)bundles
- Using HMCTS portal to lodge applications
- Attending court to take notes/support clients
Values & Behaviours;
- We Have Spirit: We are friendly and caring, conscientious, resilient, ambitious and passionate. We deliver on our promise and celebrate our successes.
- We Achieve Together: We collaborate with clients, colleagues and our stakeholders to share, support, influence, and deliver value to them.
- We Want Growth: We strive to expand our capabilities, our client bases and our firm. We are bold, commercial, promote innovation, are enabled by technology and embrace change.
If you’re ambitious, then we’ll offer you a great salary, a chance to work with wonderful people and the opportunity to work in a really clever way. You’ll have the flexibility to work from home, or the office, whenever you like and you’ll arrange your days or weeks around your commitments, family, clients and leisure activities.
The firm is committed to supporting the development of Legal Assistants and will consider applications for support with CILEX or other appropriate qualifications on a case-by-case basis depending on performance and business needs. Currently, we are not able to guarantee that we will fund CILEX or equivalent training but we will consider applications from LAs in good faith.
- An attractive salary
- Lucrative performance and values-related bonus
- 26 days of annual leave
- Mental wellbeing days
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Contributory pension
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Enhanced adoption pay
- Enhanced paternity pay
- Enhanced bereavement pay
- Paid emergency dependents leave
- Paid leave for fertility treatment
- Simply health (including counselling sessions, 24/7 GP access, dental cover, health assessments etc)
- Discounted legal services
- Life assurance
- Season ticket loans
- Flexible working – and we actually mean that