Zan Kaufman launched Bleecker as a food truck in summer 2012. Over the last nine years, we have added 4 in-person London locations and 6 Deliveroo edition sites. We stand for cooking the best burgers in an equal world. We are united, passionate, empowering and diverse. Our slogan is: commitment to the burger. We work on a daily basis to improve every dimension of our food. In February 2020 we won the best burger at the National Burger Awards. As a business, we have a strong commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion. We seek to break down the structural racism that exists throughout our industry.
Bleecker has doubled in size in the last year and a half. This has brought with it a lot of exciting changes and initiatives: we added a people department, focused more on diversity and inclusion including joining Stonewall’s Diversity Champions Program, built awareness around mental health first aid by donating training to over 40 hospitality employees and provided more burgers than ever before to hungry Londoners.
We are looking for an experienced Ops professional; someone who can establish themselves within the existing culture but also bring their experiences and foresight to the journey. You will report directly to the company owner, Zan, and work closely with the rest of the team.
Applying candidates must be London based.
- Guardian of our food. Our burgers are simple, our menu is small but the attention to detail required is massive.
- Fully accountable for the restaurant operations team, Operations Managers and General Managers.
- Responsible for driving sales growth while managing restaurant EBITDA.
- Fully accountable for restaurant P&Ls and commercial coaching for all GMs and leaders.
- Responsible for managing and supporting company controllable costs down to company EBITDA.
- Owner of operational goal setting and projects that support current and long term growth.
- Full understanding and ownership of food safety, health & safety as well as all legal requirements.
- Focused at recognising and developing talent, putting in place development plans and maximizing retention.
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the restaurants in order to always have a fully functioning business.
- Key member of the leadership team and involved in core strategic decision making and execution of the company strategy.
- Key involvement in developing a robust operations manual and process and audit framework that ensures quality is maintained at a very high level.
- Work closely with the marketing function to help make commercial sales driving decisions.
- Key involvement with the People team by building and executing a framework for developing people through Bleecker’s career path.
- Work alongside Brand and People teams to deliver special events and collaborations.
- Active involvement with the People team to embed Bleecker values within the teams and promoting a diverse and inclusive culture.
- Work with our IT contractors to enhance our systems.
- Manage the Deliveroo relationship.
KEY ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS REQUIRED
- Passionate about great food.
- An accomplished and proven operator who is able to hit the ground running.
- A proven track record working within both independent and larger corporate brands.
- A strong but personable leader who inspires people through their passion and drive to succeed.
- Experience with delivery only operations.
- Experience with QSR and fast casual operations.
- A team player who has an inclusive and visible management style and leads from the front.
- Able to bring a high level of influence and experience but do this with humility and understanding of the existing business.
- Structured, super organised and goal focused. Your peers describe you as structured.
- Detail oriented with a relentless focus on ensuring uncompromising standards and able to implement procedures and processes in place to get the basics right in all areas all of the time.
- Have experience building, inspiring and developing a junior operations team.
- Comfortable getting close to the business, able to adopt a hands-on approach and not reliant on the corporate cushion that they might have had in a previous position.
- Be a leader and support the existing Bleecker support team and manage 1 or more operation managers.
- Able to be strategic, contribute to the future growth plans and get the restaurant teams motivated and working in line with the company strategy.
- Presents a professional, honest and tactful approach to their work and the entire team.
- Great understanding and full ownership of restaurant labour and cost margins including key control mechanisms to ensure these track against budgets and produce optimum performance.
- Drives restaurant operational and service standards keeping the Bleecker brand and the teams at the heart of all decisions.
- Understands the importance of people development and the continuation of building a team and culture for now and the future.
- Experienced and hands-on in site openings and managing contractors to keep these inline and on budget. (a nice have)
PACKAGE & BENEFITS
- Salary 60K - 65K
- Up to 4 weeks of vacation per year plus additional sick days.
- Generous parental leave.
- Mental Health First Aid training (MHFA).
- BUPA - Private Health Care.
- 50% Friends & Family Discount (free meals on work days!).
- Access to over 1000 perks & discounts (cinemas, retail, restaurants, tech and much more).