CMS is a Future Facing firm. With 75 offices in 43 countries and 4,800+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Our bold approach to a changing future ensures that we nurture our employees and recruit top talent.
About the role
Provide support with all entry-level talent programmes nationally including attraction and assessment through to on-boarding.
The duties for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for allocated target university relationships - build and maintain positive relationships with careers service contacts, society committee leads, undergraduates on campus, brand ambassadors etc.
- Design, manage and attend attraction initiatives such as: - Webinars, open days, in-office events and law fairs
- Internal programmes such as PRIME, First Steps and the CMS Academy
- D&I focussed events
- Management of firm’s publications and media presence - identify key areas for marketing and advertising, negotiation of packages that ensure strong ROI
- Manage and report on budget relevant to specific initiatives responsible for
- Project manage the assessment and selection process to include (but not be limited to):
- Managing the annual renewal process of our Applicant Tracking System (ATS) – Apply4Law.
- Implementation and further development of selection tools and processes
- Ensure all assessment materials are refreshed annually and compliant with branding guidelines
- Identifying opportunities to continually improve the process to ensure a highly efficient candidate experience through the process
- Be the day to day contact for all candidate processing queries
- Facilitate assessment days as and when required
- Action relevant reports to ensure that data can be used meaningfully to make improvements to the selection process
- Be the primary contact for all internal and external queries relating to the Law Scholarship programme
- Seek to build a network of target school/college contacts that actively engage with our school/college leaver content and opportunities
- Identify and make recommendations as to ways in which Early Talent processes may be improved to maximise efficiency and effectiveness
Personal Success Characteristics
- Knowledge of the UK and international academic cycle and campus recruiting procedures and practices (desirable).
- Strong organisational skills.
- Good project management skills.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Capacity to establish professional credibility quickly.
- Knowledge of the basics of good employment practice.
- Client focus.
- Willingness to accept change.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Desired experience of working within Early Talent
- Experience in organising events or programmes and inductions
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive.