Excellent opportunity for an ambitious and commercially astute MI Analyst to join a future facing, international law firm and take their career to the next level.
About the role
Working within the Systems and Reporting team providing regular reporting support and ad hoc analytical support, this is a hands on role, covering an ever expanding range of responsibilities, including:
- Consistently delivering high quality services on time, with a focus on responsiveness, client satisfaction, effective client communication and client service orientation.
- Identifying and implementing process improvements that maximise efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assisting in identifying and executing ways to develop and enhance relationships with clients.
- Build and implement daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly reports / dashboards.
- Produce external Client information reports in line with client requests for content and format.
- Analysis of large volumes of Data, for data integrity and data cleansing.
- Encouraging and receiving active delegation from Practice Group Finance teams
- Forging close relationships with other service delivery teams to provide seamless service to fee earning teams
- Responding to ad hoc requests from throughout the firm
The way in which we do business is ever changing. We are looking for individuals who are adaptable, proactive and able to quickly build professional relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
The right candidate will have:
- Experience of working in a similar role. (High volume, high demand MI Reporting role)
- Ability to manipulate data, with high level of Excel Skill (Inclusive of VBA)
- Business Objects or similar Reporting tool experience.
- SQL Experience beneficial.
- Exposure to SSRS report development.
- Power BI.
The ideal candidate will be of Graduate calibre with a good academic record or proven skills by experience and be able to:
- influence and inspire others
- quickly assimilate a large amount of information in a short space of time
- work in a fast paced environment at a rapidly evolving organisation
- manage relationships with tact and diplomacy
- work effectively as part of a team
CMS is an international law firm with market leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond.
Ranked as the world’s 6th largest law firm by lawyer headcount and 6th largest in the UK by revenue, CMS works with clients in 42 countries from 74 offices worldwide.
A future facing law firm CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. And we recruit, value and nurture top talent.
CMS is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment, to not only adhere to current employment law, but to harness the full potential of our staff and ensure that all individuals are treated fairly and with respect. To meet this aim CMS endeavours to treat all staff and job applicants equally, on the basis of merit and the ability to do their job. Everybody will be treated equally regardless of race, colour, age, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital or civil partner status, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or maternity status (“Protected Characteristics”). Click here to see our Equal Opportunities statement.
All job applicants will be treated fairly and judged solely on their merits. If you have a disability which is likely to affect you adversely within the application process, please let us know (as soon as you feel comfortable to do so) so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process that will allow you to be considered fairly for the role.