The Strategic Business Development Manager is responsible for managing a book of growth and strategic accounts and finding consultancy and account development opportunities amongst key clients in EMEA. The Strategic Business Development Manager deals with large contract renewals, identifies business opportunities, builds key prospect relationships, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions. The Strategic Business Development Manager will use a consultative sales style to create, implement and manage a strategy to help achieve ambitious sales goals.
· Identify and close new opportunities from assigned book of growth accounts across France and Germany - drive all aspects and stages of the sale including; qualifying the viability of potential sales, delivering winning presentations, contract negotiations, legal and procurement discussions and managing the sales process through to its close
· Manage a strategic book of growth accounts to ensure the customer is delighted with the WGSN service (and successfully executing the renewal of the client contracts); maintain high renewal rates
· Deliver in-person presentations to C-level contacts and assist in telling our story and pitching the WGSN value as it relates to each prospect in all industry markets including; fashion, CPG, technology, hospitality, branding and automotive sectors
· Research prospects to get an understanding of their business needs and how WGSN will address their objectives and deliver value
· Work alongside client service team who will support the day to day needs of the client
· Manage to a 12-16-week sales cycle and follow a systematic approach to identify future opportunities, set expectations and plan for future resource needs
· Demonstrate leadership skills by delivering superior performance and by being a positive influence on team member.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications Required
· Proficiency in English, French and German · Ideally +5 years of experience developing relationships with executives within Fortune 500 organizations in an Outside Sales B2B capacity in the European market and renewing a book of business · A demonstrable track record of sales success (selling subscription based-products and consultancy services) · Proven ability to quickly gain entry to key pursuit accounts and articulate a proven value/ROI based sale · Understanding of how to communicate a service offering through proposals, presentations, phone calls and case study development - excellent presentation and negotiation skills are a must · Excellent organization skills and sharp attention to detail · Ability to manage Salesforce.com database, opportunity pipeline and lead cultivation, including holistic overview of all outstanding communications and prospect relationships · Salesforce based CRM experience a plus · Good computer skills (basic knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint); knowledge of Salesforce.
Inclusive Workforce At Ascential
Our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals. Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.