We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
About the Team
Join our Amazon Stores team and play a key role in helping customers having a unique store shopping experience. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative and diverse team, that is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon, this is the place for you.
About the Role
We are looking for a Team Leader who can bring Amazon’s customer obsession to life in a retail environment. You will assist the manager with store operations, maintain a key to the store and have floor leader responsibilities. You will play a vital role in modeling expectations for store employees and contribute to a strong culture based on customer obsession, trust, respect, continuous learning, and fun.
In this role, you will:
• Be an expert in interacting with customers by effectively using customer engagement strategies, and role model desired behavior for the rest of the team.
• Provide ongoing training to others, and assist manager in identifying training needs.
• Maintain a key to the store, and open and close the store following the proper procedures.
• Support floor leader responsibilities including providing peer-to-peer feedback on processes and standards, serving as the escalation point to assist associate peers in solving customer issues.
• Support supervisory tasks such as scheduling, payroll management, timesheet verification, and time and attendance.
• Participate in store employee onboarding and in hiring interviews as required.
• Contribute to continuous improvement of the customer experience and store operations by participating in the development of best practices and continuous product knowledge.
• Assist manager with operational functions, including merchandising, safety, reporting, and supply orders.
• Help identify and communicate barriers and trends that contribute to the customer and employee experience, and support the manager in building a strong store culture.
• Work with manager to maintain the physical safety of the merchandise and the store.
• Work in a fast changing and ambiguous environment.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
• You must be flexible with changing workload and for working in changing shifts, including weekends and holidays.
• Be comfortable working in a physical environment. You have the ability to lift up to 15.5 kg and stand and walk for shifts lasting up to 10 hours at a time.
Candidates must be at least 18 years of age. Amazon does not sponsor for immigration for this role.
• General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE)
• 3+ years of experience in retail or customer-facing environment, or 1+ years of Amazon experience
• 1+ year of experience of floor leader or other leadership capacity, or 1+ years previous Amazon experience
• Experience managing inventory in warehousing, retail or distribution setting
• Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Strong verbal communication and customer service skills
• Prior experience in training others
• Previous experience in providing peer-to-peer feedback
• Demonstrated success in problem solving and delivering results
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.