Purpose of the role
We are looking for a receptionist to enhance the firm‘s professional image by providing an efficient reception and facilities service. You will be an integral member of the facilities team and take responsibility for all questions and queries, ensuring that staff and partners have access to a comprehensive and high quality front of house and facilities service which provides outstanding customer service to both internal/external clients. This is a full time, permanent role.
This is a busy and challenging role and to be successful, your background will probably include:- At least 12 months reception/front of house experience, ideally in a professional services environment- A minimum of five GCSEs (or equivalent), including Maths and English at Grade C/Grade 4 or aboveIn addition, the role requires someone who:- Has excellent communication skills- Has solid working knowledge of office systems; Word and Microsoft Outlook- Strong organisational skills- Remains calm under pressure- Strong attention to detail
Reception duties- Follow the up to date Client Services Order of Service.- Welcome visitors to the firm in a polite and professional manner.- Record particulars of all clients visiting the firm on to the reception Visitors Management System and prepare client list for following day.- Liaise with internal clients to ensure that visitors are escorted to their appointment with the minimum of delay.- Maintain the meeting room diaries and advise colleagues on the most appropriate room option as per their needs.- Monitor and action as required emails sent to Nor Reception and info@ inboxes.- Keep the reception area, including the client lounge, tidy and well presented. Ensure literature and posters are up to date and relevant.- Coordinate catering requirements for client meetings, seminars and mediations. Liaising with Norwich Catering and check refreshments have been delivered and cleared away.- Book taxis/hire cars as requested and chase up taxi booking if the taxi does not arrive. Record booking information and provide information to finance.- Book and manage external client parking.- Carry out meeting room checks throughout the day. Tidy and restock if required. Ensure the clocks are the correct time.- Organise swears.- Ensure all incoming and outgoing calls are handled in an efficient and professional manner and are answered within three rings.- Ensure all callers are connected with the correct person.- Be aware of the firm‘s client contact policy ensuring the effective implementation of any new procedures and providing your line manager with any feedback as required.- Deal with any calls transferred back from our outsource provider for internal investigations and help.- Deal with any internal administration with regards to diverts and liaising with the IT department.- Complete thorough handover notes.- Report; health & safety, cleaning and maintenance issues and monitor completion.- Post all-staff communications as required.- Manage and record temporary access fobs.- Host external clients and assist with their queries and needs.- Set up meeting rooms, AV and IT equipment as required.- Liaise with facilities assistants and IT to assist with room set-ups and IT/AV equipment if required.- Liaise with contractors and external providers. Advise facilities and appropriate internal clients they are on site.- Manage any other appropriate tasks e.g. dry cleaning, ordering and replacing stationery etc.- Manage postal recharge forms, scan and record using spreadsheet.- Complete fire warden and first aid training and become responsible for emergency procedures for this area.- Cover colleagues in periods of absence, both planned and unplanned.Additional Facilities Tasks- Ensure the office equipment and furniture is usable and arrange repairs or replacement as necessary. Be aware of how to operate the office equipment correctly and know the procedures to follow in the event of faults or damage.- Ensure the constant provision of all stationery supplies in a cost-effective manner in accordance with the requirements of the Firm.- Book couriers and record accurately on spreadsheet.- Monitor general maintenance and cleanliness and clean and carry out minor repairs as appropriate.- Assist internal clients with all their facilities related enquiries and sign post if you are unable to assist.- Carry out moving and handling tasks as required.- Assist line manager in tasks as delegated.- Flexibility to assist with any team task as required.
Professional conduct & compliance
- Adhere in all respects with the firm‘s values of openness and integrity, working together, respect for each other and strong client relationships.- Act in a professional manner at all times.- Where appropriate, wear Mills & Reeve uniform and make sure this is clean and fit for purpose.- In accordance with the confidentiality agreement within the contract of employment, keep the affairs of both external and internal clients, former clients and current Mills & Reeve business confidential.- Report any concerns regarding breach of confidentiality to the appropriate person.- Enter into the spirit of the Mills & Reeve Diversity Policy and ensure that a positive diversity climate exists by treating others on their merits and by disassociating yourself from any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation, or sexual, racial or any other type of harassment.- Comply with anti money laundering requirements. Comply with Mills & Reeve procedures for the safe-keeping of documents.- Complete training as required.
- Act in a professional and courteous manner when dealing with clients (both internal and external) and always project a positive image of Mills & Reeve.- Ensure relevant Mills & Reeve database/records are accurate and up to date on a regular basis.- Have a good knowledge of services provided by Mills & Reeve- Take responsibility for alerting your line manager regarding difficulties with client care you encounter.- Ensure your availability at all times during contracted hours.
- Work effectively with the firm‘s Support Services and treat all your work colleagues with respect.- Understand your own role and responsibilities and recognise those of others.- Share your knowledge and skills with less experienced colleagues including new joiners.- Help colleagues in your team and in other teams to manage workloads and meet deadlines.- Manage emails and telephone calls when colleagues are absent. Ensure internal clients are kept informed with updates.- Contribute constructively at internal meetings.- Commence work punctually each day and have good time keeping.- Be flexible and willing to change working hours to maintain a full facilities service.- Carry out an active role during planned and unplanned fire drills and any emergency situations involving the whole office.
- Meet deadlines or liaise with the team leader if a deadline is causing difficulty and provide updated time estimate.- Speak to the team leader about actual and pending workload if problems arise.- Consider solutions before presenting problems to colleagues.- Request work if you have capacity.
- Be courteous and professional to others.- Obtain the necessary information to deal with enquiries, requests, instructions etc.- Identify, give and receive appropriate information during telephone conversations.- Comply with Mills & Reeve internal procedures for leave/holiday and sickness/absence.- Work in a calm and professional manner.- Answer telephone calls in line with Mills & Reeve policy.
- Be familiar and competent with the features of the software packages used within Facilities, to include the Microsoft Office packages, firm‘s Intranet and bespoke firm systems.
- Receive constructive feedback about your performance, consider issues identified and take steps to improve your performance.- Identify the training and development you need to do your job more effectively and to further develop you personally, and raise these during your annual performance review or at other times upon request.- Keep a record/portfolio of your progress and achievement in meeting the responsibilities of the role profile in line with your PDP (Personal Development Plan).- Take responsibility for your own development and follow up proposals for your training and development where appropriate.
This will open an external site
As you would expect, the firm offers a generous salary and benefits. Everyone has different priorities and preferences, so at Mills & Reeve you can choose the benefits that appeal to you. From buying holiday and undergoing health screening to leasing a bicycle – the choice is yours.
Our core benefits are:
- Equal all staff bonus based on the firm’s financial performance
- Generous pension including the option to salary sacrifice
- Five weeks' annual leave and the option to buy or sell a week each year
- Extra day of leave for wedding/civil partnership, religious holiday and house moving
- Bonus week leave every 11th year of continuous service
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Income protection after two years’ service
- Life assurance with the choice of covering between two and 10 times annual basic salary
- Confidential employee assistance programme providing guidance on every day issues to more complex matters and both telephone and face to face counselling.
More information can be found here.
What really sets Mills & Reeve apart from other law firms is the way we work with our clients. We understand that clients, in the 21st century, no longer want a traditional law firm – they want one that embraces forward thinking approaches to service, billing, commercial know-how, innovation, people management and community engagement.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, references from previous employers, your eligibility to work in the UK and any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). You will also be required to complete a self-declaration to access your character and suitability