We are looking for an Associate to join the Insurance Disputes team based in our London office on 12 month fixed term contract basis. You will provide a wide range of general and specialist insurance coverage and claims defence advice requiring an understanding of the London insurance market, coverage and policy interpretation as well as possessing good dispute resolution skills.You will have excellent team working skills and look to develop your team leadership skills. Areas of work are:- Professional indemnity - Casualty - Coverage on primary and excess layers
- Indemnity insurers - Insureds
What experience is required?
You will be NQ-5 years PQE with insurance market cover and claims experience.
What skills and attributes would I need?
- Good academics - Excellent written English and ability to produce clear, logical drafting - Numeracy - Negotiating skills - Lateral thinking and problem solving skills - Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with evidence of leadership experience - Flexibility to work with and supervise team members - Effective time and matter management and a systematic approach to work - Proactive team player - IT literacy - Good research skills - An enthusiasm for marketing with clients and multipliers
Who would I be working with?
You will work with the London based partner group: Andrew Tobin, Michael Mitchell, Virginia Hickley, Nicolas Oldham, and Neil Davis. The team is part of the firm-wide Insurance Disputes NSL, which is led by Stephen King, and supported by a professional support lawyer.
Disclosure and barring service check
This post is also subject to a satisfactory response from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
This will open an external site
As you would expect, the firm offers a generous salary and benefits. Everyone has different priorities and preferences, so at Mills & Reeve you can choose the benefits that appeal to you. From buying holiday and undergoing health screening to leasing a bicycle – the choice is yours.
Our core benefits are:
- Equal all staff bonus based on the firm’s financial performance
- Generous pension including the option to salary sacrifice
- Five weeks' annual leave and the option to buy or sell a week each year
- Extra day of leave for wedding/civil partnership, religious holiday and house moving
- Bonus week leave every 11th year of continuous service
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Income protection after two years’ service
- Life assurance with the choice of covering between two and 10 times annual basic salary
- Confidential employee assistance programme providing guidance on every day issues to more complex matters and both telephone and face to face counselling.
More information can be found here.
What really sets Mills & Reeve apart from other law firms is the way we work with our clients. We understand that clients, in the 21st century, no longer want a traditional law firm – they want one that embraces forward thinking approaches to service, billing, commercial know-how, innovation, people management and community engagement.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, references from previous employers, your eligibility to work in the UK and any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). You will also be required to complete a self-declaration to access your character and suitability