We are seeking a confident, proactive, flexible, enthusiastic, self-motivated and professional full time Legal Assistant to provide support to our Commercial, Real Estate team based in Putney
We act for broad range of clients covering a variety of sectors who are all in need of ongoing commercial property advice.
The successful candidate will assist the department on a variety of matters including substantial transactions, as part of a mix of work which includes portfolio acquisitions and disposals; the acquisition of sites for commercial, industrial, residential and mixed use; the grant, renewal and termination of leases and related matters; and joint venture agreements, conditional sale and purchase contracts, auctions and options.
Main purpose of job:
- This role requires knowledge of Property, Searches and Land Registry
- The role is that of a fee earner undertaking chargeable work with a personal time and fee target.
- The exact nature of the work undertaken will vary according to the specific requirements of the department in which the Legal Assistant is based.
- These will be subject to the direction of departmental partners and may be expected to change over time.
- As with any fee earner, Legal Assistants will be expected to carry out non-chargeable work in addition to the chargeable work required. This may include, but is not limited to, providing assistance with marketing activities and undertaking appropriate training.
- Legal Assistants will generally be expected to be self-supporting in terms of typing and administration and will have an hourly rate and fee target set accordingly, but where it is commercially justifiable they may be provided with appropriate administrative and/or typing support.
- The role is expected to require excellent literacy, numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail, with excellent keyboard and IT skills.
- The Legal Assistant’s enthusiasm and energy are expected to allow him or her to make a full contribution to the dynamic operation of their team.
- They will take responsibility for their own success seeking continuously to improve their own skills and to provide good value to clients in the legal services they provide.
- The Legal Assistant will operate under the supervision and responsibility of a designated lawyer within each department.
- Legal Assistants should be prepared to participate fully in training and activities designed for Legal Assistants across the firm.
- Whilst the successful candidate will receive close supervision and support from experienced Solicitors, he or she will be required to manage a large workload autonomously;
- Strong organisational and time management skills are required as the role will involve the efficient and cost effective management of multiple files, working to strict deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills are essential to demonstrate understanding of our clients’ needs and expectations and when communicating with colleagues;
- Focused attention to detail, speed and accuracy are important for all written documentation; and
- The candidate should be a team player and contribute to the success of the team.
Essential skills and experience:
- Law Graduate and LPC qualified (or working toward)
We have a diverse workforce and aim to attract high calibre applicants that reflect the demography of our geographical location and client base. Individuals will be employed solely on merit and the requirement of the position. No applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation or religion. Reasonable adjustments will be made to eliminate or reduce disadvantage