The Risk and Compliance department develops and maintains the Firm’s Risk Management policies and procedures and ensures that they are implemented and adhered to across the firm They also provide guidance, updates, general advice and where necessary training on regulatory and compliance issues.
The Head of Risk and Compliance is seeking a full time assistant to provide administrative and professional support to the team. The successful candidate will be bright, energetic and enthusiastic. The role requires a team player who is organised, has the ability to work under pressure yet has good attention to detail. A professional approach along with excellent communication skills and discretion will be necessary since the role will involve dealing with employees, partners, solicitors and external agencies. Excellent IT skills and previous relevant administrative work experience and understanding of risk and compliance processes are essential.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in relation to the notification of professional indemnity claims and determining if there is a reportable incident.
- Reporting to and liaising with the firm’s professional indemnity insurer where necessary.
- Acting as point of contact to manage relationship with panel solicitors when instructed.
- Assisting the team in dealing with complaints from clients.
- Assisting in monitoring compliance of the firm’s AML/CDD procedures for all new clients.
- Where required conducting searches carrying out electronic AML checks.
- Maintaining and updating various central risk registers, complaints, confidentiality breaches, conflicts, undertakings, compliance with Legal Ombudsman’ awards.
- Liaising with other members of Business Support Group in relation to projects.
- Assisting in carrying out conflicts searches and providing general risk and compliance advice to members of the firm.
- Assisting in the administration of the firm’s file review process and ensuring firm wide completion and rectification of non-compliances within 28 days.
- CQS – assisting with administration of scheme and mandatory annual training.
- Assisting in Practising Certificate bulk renewal - gathering data from various sources.
- Managing new joiners’ registration/departures on mySRA.
- Assisting in the administration of the firm’s training in risk management and compliance.
- Assisting in preparing for the annual Lexcel assessment.
- Conducting ad-hoc research in all areas of risk management.
- Keeping up to date with legal and regulatory information and changes.
- Assisting the Head of Risk with the preparation of formal reports.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel is essential. Comfortable working within case management and database systems.
- Previous relevant experience and understanding of risk and compliance is essential.
- Knowledge of the law, regulation and professional standards applicable to a law firm, together with an understanding of compliance and risk issues.
- Requires resilience and composure in dealing with all situations.
- Hands on and confident with an energetic approach to risk management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a client orientated approach.
- Confident in dealing with senior management and partners generally.
- Co-operative approach conducive to working within business support team.
We have a diverse workforce and aim to attract high calibre applicants that reflect the demography of our geographical location and client base. Individuals will be employed solely on merit and the requirement of the position. No applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation or religion. Reasonable adjustments will be made to eliminate or reduce disadvantage