Job Title: BDM Executive
Reports To: BDM Senior Manager
Why Bates Wells?
Our values are important to us, they shape our decisions and our working life.
Making a profit is core to all businesses but our goal is to combine this with a real social purpose. Since opening in 1970, we’ve focussed on positive social impact as much as we have on being a successful law firm and we were the first UK law firm with B Corp certification.
Today, our clients are diverse – from corporate household names, to public bodies, to start-ups. We’re also the firm of choice for thousands of charities and social enterprises. We continue to lead the market we helped to shape.
As a purpose and values driven firm we show commitment to our clients, our people, the environment and society. We see it as our purpose to create a positive impact. The impact we have on our people, our communities and our planet does more than inform our work - it gets us up in the morning.
Bates Wells challenges what is possible in legal expertise delivery.
To thrive in this role you will;
• Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Demonstrate great attention to detail.
• Be a smart, fast, reliable and enthusiastic team player
• Have excellent organisational skills: be a multi-tasker with the ability to manage assigned tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
• Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word.
• Be able to adapt and use new platforms quickly and effectively (Concep, Wordpress, Hootsuite)
In this position you will:
• Be responsible for the daily upkeep of our Wordpress-based website. Working as the liaison with the agency and keeping the site up-to-date.
• Work with the Senior BDM Managers to implement the social media policy for the firm and each team.
• Work with the Senior BDM Managers to co-ordinate and report on the Client Satisfaction process.
• Support the Internal Communications Manager with projects including the newsletter and intranet.
• Work with Senior Associates/Associates to co-ordinate the team ‘Buddy’ initiative and promote cross selling.
• To maintain the Concep platform mailing data and Liberate marketing pages.
• Conduct research and create first draft tender submissions.
• Produce ad hoc reports and research as required.
• Deliver monthly metrics around campaigns to better inform strategy.
• Work with the BDM Senior Execs to execute and deliver timely directory submissions.
• Maintain the BDM marketing collateral library. • Supporting the wider Marketing & BD team with any additional projects
Specific tasks may change over time, so we’ll need you to be adaptable and flexible as we continue to meet our clients’ needs.
Which qualities do we look for?
• The ability to build, maintain and nurture relationships
• A client-centric approach
• Teamwork – there is a place for individual effort but we highly value a collaborative approach
• A results-focused mentality – we hope you’ll challenge the status quo if you feel it’ll benefit our work
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A genuine interest in the work we do; we encourage questions about the business and invite you to test assumptions and propose ideas
Finally, we want people whose values reflect our own and who feel inspired working in a firm with a strong social purpose.
What are we like to work for?
• Our purpose and values both guide and drive us
• We promote a strong work/life balance
• We have an agile working environment – this means you might sit next to a different colleague every day or choose to work from our rooftop garden and we actively encourage people to work from home once a week. During this period of social distancing this is of course much higher, and we are likely to review our policies to enable greater home-working during 2021.
• Our culture encourages clear and honest dialogue and cross-team support
• We can promote our staff throughout the year and there are annual salary reviews
• We recognise success and contribution at any time of the year through our Recognition Scheme
• Our benefits and wellbeing package includes firm matching pension contributions, private medical insurance plus a medical benefit cash plan, discretionary bonus arrangements, life assurance, 25 days holiday with the opportunity to buy more, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, firm-wide profit sharing scheme, on site café, and Summer in the City early-Friday-finish
• Everyone gets a bonus if there is one - a proportion of the LLP profit is distributed to our people when we exceed our financial thresholds
About the BDM team
We’re a collaborative team that enjoys a fast-paced, fun working environment. Team work and enthusiasm are key for us. We work with stakeholders at all levels of the firm and we’re passionate about the Bates Wells focus on wider positive impact. The team is truly collaborative and supportive and we all work together to achieve the common goal of promoting and growing the amazing work that Bates Wells does on a daily basis. With two new additions to the team already this year, this is a very exciting time to join the expanding team and work in a law firm which balances profit with purpose.
Some extra details
• Bates Wells is a B Corporation. B Corporations are profit-making, purpose-driven organisations unified by one goal: to redefine success in business
• Our people rate us and we made it into the Sunday Times’ ‘Top 100 firms to work’ for in 2018
• Bates Wells provides legal documents to clients through ‘Get Legal’ – an innovative online documentation portal, which provides an affordable suite of legal documents drafted by sector-leading experts for tailoring by individual users
• We are committed to your wellbeing and offer physical and mental support in the way of subsidised gym membership, private health care and in-office Mental Health Awareness Ambassadors.
• We strongly believe that everyone should have the opportunity to reach their full potential whatever their background and believe a diverse team is integral to our success
• We are signatories of the Halo Code Agreement, Race at Work Charter and Race Fairness Commitment
How to find out more about us Don’t forget to review our website (https://bateswells.co.uk/) and ask around about us to find out more and whether we’re the right fit for you.