CMS are looking for an efficient and helpful Credit Control Administrator!
About the role
A central finance resource supporting the Credit Control team in dealing with daily administrative activities. Liaising with other finance teams to ensure the timely payment of client invoices.
The employee is responsible for the completion of the principal responsibilities listed below.
You will consistently deliver high quality services on time, with a focus on responsiveness, organisation, efficiency and helpfulness.
Assist in identifying and implementing ways to develop and deliver improvements to the service provided.
Core Position Expectations
* Provide administrative support and action requests on an ad-hoc basis supporting the Credit Control team daily.
* Update internal systems for Credit Controllers when chasing multiple invoices.
* Respond to internal and external emails from Clients, Partners and other stakeholders.
* Distribute various reports to relevant internal departments.
* Check and respond to emails from group inboxes.
* Complete relevant forms e.g. vendor forms, client statements, audits, credit notes, rejected invoices, etc
* Contribute to process improvements to maximise efficiency and effectiveness
* Action Unallocated and Suspense accounts by assigning them to the credit controller in a timely manner following the SRA guidelines.
* Send out bank statements to the team daily.
* Be the first point of contact with the Cashier's department to deal with queries raised.
* Reconcile accounts by liaising with the clients and partners, and allocating payments to the correct account.
* Promote a culture of mutual understanding through effective communication with our clients.
Key skills & attributes:
* Works to given timeframes and anticipates likely workflows
* Consistently produces accurate work, exceptional attention to detail
* Good written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate at all levels, confident, professional telephone manner
* Willing to do routine tasks
* Self-motivated, proactive and ability to prioritise and manage own workload
* Able to use initiative, but also work well within a team
* Proficient in MS Excel and Word
* Responsible for managing own development and willing to learn
* Analytical skills to resolve queries
* Shows flexibility in approach
Experience in a partnership or professional services environment with a financial background is desirable but not essential.
CMS is an international law firm with leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond. We create sustainable and rewarding futures for our clients, our people and our communities.
Ranked as the world's 5th largest law firm by lawyer headcount and 6th largest in the UK by revenue, CMS works with clients in over 40 countries from 70+ offices worldwide.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. And we recruit, value and nurture top talent.
We offer a range of benefits to our employees! Benefits include but are not limited to the following:
- 25 days annual leave
- Flexible working opportunities
- Flexible holiday purchase
- Private Medical Health Insurance
- Pensions package
- Health & wellbeing incentives
- Cycle to work scheme
- Individual office perks
CMS is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment, to not only adhere to current employment law, but to harness the full potential of our staff and ensure that all individuals are treated fairly and with respect. To meet this aim CMS endeavours to treat all staff and job applicants equally, on the basis of merit and the ability to do their job. Everybody will be treated equally regardless of race, colour, age, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital or civil partner status, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or maternity status ("Protected Characteristics"). Click here to see our Equal Opportunities statement.
All job applicants will be treated fairly and judged solely on their merits. If you have a disability which is likely to affect you adversely within the application process, please let us know (as soon as you feel comfortable to do so) so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process that will allow you to be considered fairly for the role.
How to apply
If you are interested please apply online. If you have any queries, please contact Talent Acquisition email at Talent.Acquisition@cms-cmno.com.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.