CMS is seeking a Supervisor for our Legal Services Unit. This role is to be a Supervisor to our Assistant Paralegals, Paralegals and Senior Paralegals who predominantly provide support on Real Estate transactions, but also occasionally on Corporate, Banking and Litigation transactions to name a few.
CMS is a Future Facing firm. With 75 offices in 43 countries and 4,800+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Our bold approach to a changing future ensures that we nurture our employees and recruit top talent.
* Working with the LSU Manager and other Supervisors to review, understand and allocate incoming work which is received.
* Leading on projects undertaken by the team to include supervising and checking work undertaken by the Paralegals, tracking progress to ensure deadlines are met, answering questions from the team and liaising with instructing lawyers to keep them updated on how the work is progressing.
* Tracking and mapping the team's capabilities to ensure work is being allocated appropriately.
* Assisting with the Recruitment process in relation to interviewing candidates and new start processes etc.
* People management of a sub-team of paralegals to include tasks such as approval of holidays, monitoring sickness, giving feedback, identifying and implementing training needs, carrying out one to one supervision meetings and yearly appraisals etc.
* Other tasks as required.
* Previous Real Estate Paralegal experience and/or supervisory experience
* Excellent attention to detail; an analytical, thorough and committed approach to work
* Exceptional communication skills; must be able to interact with colleagues at all levels to include Partners and Associates
* Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritise conflicting deadlines
* Excellent IT skills
* Enthusiastic and pro-active approach
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive. For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please view the Diversity & Inclusion pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.