Job location: Open on location
Salary: Competitive market rate salary
We're looking for a strong Finance Director to join our team and become an integral part of our Accounting and Financial Management function. Digital Commerce is the fastest growing business unit within Ascential. With the continued growth and expansion of this business unit an exciting opportunity has developed for a Finance Director to manage the day to day accounting and finance function of one of our newly acquired brands. We are looking for a hands-on, well rounded finance executive with SaaS experience and strong accounting skills that has both public and private company experience. This individual will be responsible for developing the finance function within the brand to be both highly functional within an entrepreneurial environment and comply with the control and audit requirements of a public company. Responsible for month end close and reporting and integration into Ascential’s shared services and corporate ERP systems.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Payroll, and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Responsible for month-end and year-end close process
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Review and analyse financial data to identify risks, opportunities and trends to provide management with insight that will help drive decision making
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Additional controller duties as necessary
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other activities you are required to deliver
- Bachelors' Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- CPA or equivalent qualification preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- QuickBooks, Hyperion, and SAP skills all a plus
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to translate analytical findings into actionable solutions and processes
- Flexible and willing to get your hands dirty, prior experience building a startup finance function a plus
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and stakeholders
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills a must
Ascential delivers specialist information, analytics and ecommerce optimisation platforms to the world's leading consumer brands and their ecosystems.
Our world-class businesses improve performance and solve problems for our customers by delivering immediately actionable information combined with visionary longer-term thinking across Digital Commerce, Product Design and Marketing. We also serve customers across Retail & Financial Services.
With more than 2,000 employees across five continents, we combine local expertise with a global footprint for clients in over 120 countries.
Ascential is headquartered in the UK and listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Ascential’s Supporting Beliefs
- Focus: we ruthlessly prioritise and always keep things simple
- All in: once we commit we deliver, with a clear focus on outcome
- Trustworthiness, transparency & openness: transparency inspires trust & empowers
- Be creative: we are smart, pro-active innovators
- Facts: we always use data & insight to inform our work
- Empathy: we can be relied upon for fairness and consideration
- No silos: one team, one face, one reputation