Job function: Sales & Client Services
Salary: Competitive market rate salary
Ascential are looking for an Account Development Manager to join our team in London as part of our Sales function.
The Retail Services Team has an opportunity for an Account Develop Manager to join its growing team. We’re looking for an experienced Account Development Manager with an ‘all in’ attitude to join our team to help drive growth of some of our key accounts, as well as managing a new business pipeline.
The Account Development Manager will take responsibility for the day to day Account Management of key accounts with a particular focus on growing revenue from a defined group of high growth opportunity clients. You will report into the Managing Director and work closely with the Client Services team to turn valuable knowledge of the retail sector and clients day to day operations into commercial conversations. Additionally you will be tasked with prospecting a strategic group of retailers who would vastly benefit from our services.
Customer Health & Governance:
- You provide thought leadership, best practice and judgement to get in front of risk early, earn trust and retain happy customers
- Internal Account planning & opportunity creation - create SMART goals for each of your owned accounts; be able to quickly go 'under the hood' of a client's organisation and spot opportunities that address clients pain points
Trusted Partnership & Deep Understanding of Customers
- You are effective and confident operating with exec level customer stakeholders. You initiate & engage in joint business planning, you understand our customer’s user cases and how we are delivering against those
- You achieve Trusted Advisor status with your customers & have a reputation for high standards & follow through coupled with fairness & a collaborative approach. Your customer relationships are happy and productive
- You advocate directly on your customer’s behalf to hold internal partners & vendors to account for effective, high quality service delivery - by fair and reasonable standards. You align & document expectations, measure against those. When you escalate, you are constructive, support your case with data & propose validated pragmatic solutions
Prospecting and Value Creation
- You have strong commercial awareness and savvy. On your assigned accounts you are intimately familiar with the commercial terms, scope, renewal dates and values and focus on opportunities to partner more closely with the accounts and drive revenue
- You are confident in networking and being an advocate for the brand, finding events to attend to drive brand awareness and become a subject matter expert in our solutions to make prospecting easy
- Working with a key list of strategic opportunities, you can create and manage a sales cycle and manage pipeline with ease
- You’ll collaborate with marketing and assist in creating quality content your clients will gain value and insight from as well as forming clear customer stories to take to market
- You’ll collaborate with product advising on new opportunities and align on strategy of taking new products to market
- Ideally 5+ years of experience developing relationships ideally within the retail sector in a B2B capacity
- A demonstrable track record of sales success (preferably selling subscription based-data products)
- Proven ability to quickly gain entry to key pursuit accounts and articulate a proven value/ROI based sale
- Understanding of how to communicate a service offering through proposals, presentations, phone calls and case study development - excellent presentation and negotiation skills are a must
- Ability to manage Salesforce.com database, opportunity pipeline and lead cultivation, including a holistic overview of all outstanding communications and prospect relationships
- Passionate about the prospect of delivering intelligence to new clients and helping them transform their business
- Strong computer skills (Knowledge of Google Suite, Word, Excel)
We’re looking for:
- A motivated, dynamic and self-driven individual who is confident and professional in approach with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- A flair for strong relationship building and building networks
- Possess strong interpersonal, organization and time management skills
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know so that we can support you.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
About Retail & Financial Services and Price & Promotion
From the news, analysis and corporate data offerings from Retail Week and Retail Week Prospect, to the hard data provision of UK and European Price and Promotion data and analysis and our market leading Retail Insights through to the connection we offer through World Retail Congress and Retail Week Live and our tailored data offerings for Hedge Funds, PEs and corporate financiers, Ascential Retail and FS covers it all.
We serve the leading retailers in the UK and beyond and the leading financial institutions globally.
The Price and Promotion business (P&P) provides UK retailers with up to date information at their fingertips helping them make better tactical and strategic pricing decisions within their business.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
Ascential YouTube Channel