Job function: IT/Technology
Job location: Open on location
Salary: Competitive market rate salary
We're looking for a Product Manager to join our team in UK or US (homebased with options to use an office) as part of our Product Development (IT/Technology) function.
The Product Owner is to join our team in and become an integral part of our Ascential Alternative Data leadership team. You are the representative and primary point of contact for product enhancements within our business that sells data on consumer brands and retailers to financial services firms. You will collaborate with customers, technology and business partners to drive a product roadmap to support our rapidly growing Alternative Data business. You’ll quickly build expertise across multiple products and define plans to innovate and evolve its features and functions. Success requires an entrepreneurial spirit, great communication, and a balanced background in both business analysis, stakeholder management, and product management. Ascential’s product owners come from a variety of backgrounds, including ecommerce, software engineering, business analysis and the start-up community. We are looking for the person with the right attitude to learn and expand our product in an agile environment. This is a perm, part time 3-day week position.
- Build strong working relationship with customers and internal teams
- Well versed in Agile methodologies (Sprints, Epics, MVP)
- Strong working knowledge of database, data structure, and Big Data concepts
- Need to have working knowledge of Python, ETL, SQL, Red Shift
- Knowledge of architecting large data sets and modelling
- Ability to drive strategy and road mapping
- Lead stakeholder meetings to identify opportunities and product priorities
- Create and maintain the product backlog for specific innovation initiatives
- Conduct planning sessions with the teams to prioritize work in upcoming sprints
- Engage directly with delivery teams to execute projects
- Ensure product acceptance and readiness at key phases of the delivery cycle
- Develop communication materials and lead communication efforts around the product, priorities and future roadmaps
- Minimum five years as a developer, business analyst, team lead, product owner or other delivery role
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Passion for technology, and business opportunities that it presents, with the ability to comprehend both technical and business topics to recommend options and solutions
- Working knowledge of commercialising data to financial services audiences is a plus
- Keen focus on what drives the business (revenue, cost savings, strategic investment)
- Proven ability to work in cross-functional teams towards mutual success
- Good communication skills – ability to speak with impact and be persuasive
- Gather and evaluate user requirements, in collaboration with Data and technology engineers.
- Design and create mockups and user journeys for a wide range of devices including Internal and external audience
- Work in a high transactional, dynamic environment is a must
- Listen to your customers and create feedback loops
- Cloud based technologies
- Adobe Cloud
- Tableau/High Charts
- AWS technologies
- Ecommerce platforms
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Strong analytical skills
- Product Owner certification is a plus
- Working knowledge in successful working within a technical team
- Detail-oriented, good project management and organizational skills with the ability to work within tight deadlines
- Constant eagerness to streamline/automate tedious processes versus doing the manual work to get it done
- Willingness to get into the weeds to the more granular data to find a solution
- Ability to thrive in dynamic and demanding situations without prescriptive direction
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know so that we can support you.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.