Job function: Human Resources
Job type: Fixed Term - Mat Cover
Job location: Hong Kong, China
Salary: Competitive market rate salary
Job ref: R4894
We're looking for a Head of Human Resources APAC (Mat Cover) to join our team in Hong Kong as part of our Human Resources function.
- Work closely with all the locally present brands and leadership teams to identify HR solutions to operational business needs, whilst helping to create a one Ascential culture across all offices in Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia and Japan
- Help to develop and implement best people management practices and collaborate effectively across the broad HR organization
- Be a trusted advisor to the leadership team offering practical and commercial advice on both operational and commercial topics, working closely with the Global HR brand leaders
- Support the delivery of the HR strategy for the region in conjunction with business priorities and future requirements as well as centrally led HR initiatives
- Supporting key stakeholders and managers ensuring they have sufficient confidence and knowledge to achieve objectives
- A subject matter expert, providing guidance and advice on ER issues to the leadership and management community
- Drives and supports effective business planning and challenges established/ingrained thinking. Supports the delivery of organisational change initiatives
- Working in partnership with the business leadership team, China HR team, and L&D team to identify talent requirements, talent pipeline and to support succession and talent mapping processes
- Employee engagement – working with the global HR team and the business leadership team to review, communicate and ensure actions are implemented, specific to supported employee population
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience as an APAC regional HRBP/Specialist in a highly commercial, fast paced and operational business ideally experience in working in a global organisation
- Proven track record of contributing to the business and strategic agenda and supporting operational change
- Experience in formulating and implement HR initiatives at an APAC level, such as internship, D&I program
- A sound knowledge and understanding of local HK practices with APAC experience is preferred
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining strong relationships and engenders trust and credibility within the leadership and management team
- Strong influencing skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Able to act autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to travel abroad occasionally
- Able to speak/write excellent English and Mandarin
- Business integration and recruitment experience will be an advantage
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- Annual leave
- House and rental tax benefit
- Fitness subsidy
- Private medical insurance
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We are Ascential: the specialist information, data and analytics company listed on the London Stock Exchange. We enable smart decision-making for the world’s most ambitious businesses across 150 countries. In an increasingly complex, digitally-driven world, we help the world’s top consumer companies understand what’s important and how to act on it.
We believe that when you can see the future, it’s easier to get there first. The primary focus of our brands is to drive excellence for the world’s top consumer companies across product design, marketing and digital commerce
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
Ascential YouTube Channel
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?