Job function: Strategy & Insight
Job type: Perm Full Time
Job location: London
Salary: Competitive market rate salary
Job ref: R4857
We're looking for a Head of Data Governance & Data Quality to join our team in London as part of our Strategy function.
Ascential is going through two ambitious and exciting re-platforming programmes to move its core brands from multiple dedicated Salesforce instances to a single instance, while its underpinning ERP solution is also being migrated to a cloud service. With the vision to become One Ascential and we’ve multiple brands within Ascential. This will achieve our goal to increase our focus on using data to drive decision making in Ascential.
This role will work across all of the Ascential brands, reporting to the Data & Insight Director. The role will initially have one direct report, to be hired by the successful applicant. This is a crucial role to ensure we’ve the dedicated focus on maintaining and adhering to an enterprise data governance framework for data policies, standards and practices, both at the department and Business and Functional areas level, to achieve the required level of consistency, quality and protection to meet overall business needs. As part of this, the role will be the custodian of data and will manage the data catalogue to improve the quality and value of core data assets, respond to regulatory protection requirements as well as support the strategic requirements.
- Create a Data Governance and Quality function, with associated team, processes and tools to achieve Ascential’s data objectives
- Define a proactive approach to the management of data definitions, data governance, ethics and data process rules to provide timely, appropriate, accurate and up-to-date information at the point of need
- Actively use the trends in data quality and data governance to drive positive change in people, process, technology and governance
- Develop and be responsible for the standards, policies and procedures for the on-going implementation of the data governance policy within the business
- Help establish best practice, rules and ownership of the corporate taxonomy and ontology
- Ensure alignment between data governance best practice, Data Privacy procedures and requirements and the IT Information Security strategy
- Build and maintain good working-relationships with Data Stewards to ensure internal stakeholders and leaders are informed and aligned
- Work closely with the in-brand Data & Insight team members to stay close to opportunities and challenges that exist within the brands and provide guidance on new products and supplier relationships that could impact data collection and processing
- Detailed knowledge of business and technology issues related to the management enterprise information/data assets
- Clear knowledge and experience relating to the application of data governance, data privacy and data ethic principles to support and drive data strategy
- Built, delivered and managed detailed data quality measurement frameworks
- Established governance processes and engaged teams, to lead and implement enterprise-wide data governance and demonstrable improvements in data quality
- Experienced in managing data and systems, including ability to document and manage against a CRUD framework
- An expert in information management practices including information lifecycle management, data profiling, master data management and carrying out business audits and requirements gathering
- Experience using automation to manage and support data privacy compliance and record-keeping
- Previously supported the DPO to manage compliance obligations, including Article 30 Registers, Data Subject Access Requests
- Possess a collaborative team player orientation towards work relationships, strong culture awareness
- Previous experience of developing and managing a data catalogue
- Strong Leadership and Influencing skills; interacting with senior stakeholders; highly personable
- Strong ability to extract information by questioning, active listening and interviewing
- Experienced at using the relevant statutory frameworks such as the GDPR and other data privacy regulations to drive data governance and data ethics
- Results orientated to ensure change and delivery project metrics are meaningful and supported with robust business data
- Proven experience of developing and implementing a Data Governance Framework and a Data Quality Management service
- Comfortable presenting complex data flows and relationships to non-data peers and colleagues.
- Keen eye for detail with a genuine interest in understanding the journey data travels along
- Analytical with strong numeracy and good statistical skills
- Ability to work with technical and nontechnical staff
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
Ascential delivers specialist information, analytics and ecommerce optimisation platforms to the world's leading consumer brands and their ecosystems.
Our world-class businesses improve performance and solve problems for our customers by delivering immediately actionable information combined with visionary longer-term thinking across Digital Commerce, Product Design and Marketing. We also serve customers across Retail & Financial Services.
With more than 2,000 employees across five continents, we combine local expertise with a global footprint for clients in over 120 countries.
Ascential is headquartered in the UK and listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
Ascential YouTube Channel