Job function: IT/Technology
Salary: Competitive market rate salary
We're looking for a Lead Business Analyst to join our team in London as part of our Technology function.
As a member of Ascential's Salesforce delivery team, you will live and breathe Ascential’s global processes across Marketing, Sales, Client Management and Customer Service. Collaborating with Global Process Owners and Brand stakeholders you will identify the most effective ways of leveraging our platform capabilities to improve business performance and support our growth strategies.
Using group sessions, facilitated workshops and stakeholder interviews you’ll seek to understand how brands must adapt in order to adopt our global processes successfully, documenting this in a manner that allows you to socialise the salient points with the wider project team and other stakeholders accurately.
As an ambassador of our global processes, you will build strong relationships with your stakeholders to become their trusted advisor and business partner. Our brands will look to you as a Salesforce functional expert and expect you to enable them to maximise our investment in our customer management platform; you'll be expected to co-create robust, efficient and effective solutions with other members of the delivery team, identifying gaps and driving Level 5 process definition.
You should be an excellent written and oral communicator, reliable and effective operating autonomously or within a team of diverse professionals. You’ll also have an inquisitive mind to solve our most complex business challenges.
- Facilitate and lead client discussions to determine and understand their requirements and expectations (applying robust prioritisation) through group-based scoping sessions, workshops or one-to-one interviews
- Document functional requirements, data requirements, “as is” & “to be” processes and technical designs clearly and concisely. Translate these into clear user stories and manage the product backlog
- Analyse recommended solution options to establish which option(s) best fits client requirements, within scope and budget
- Ensure stakeholders are kept abreast of development progress, using a mix of written comms, meetings and product demonstration sessions appropriately
- Collaborate across Business Architecture to support user acceptance testing and influence user training programmes to ensure successful knowledge transfer, system adoption and best practice guidance
- Educate business users responsible for managing and operating business processes to help drive adoption and compliance of processes
- Complete change impact assessments (CIA) for all process and functional changes to inform persona-based change comms and training plans
- Provide support to the end user community during the delivery phase and warranty period, troubleshooting issues and providing work arounds as appropriate to ensure continued operations
- Partner with the Quality Assurance team to ensure User Stories and Acceptance criteria inform appropriate, authentic scenario based test scripts
- Manage small projects or specific workstreams of larger projects as required, agreeing project scope, deliverables and success measures with project leads and stakeholders
- Take responsibility for your own personal and professional development, ensuring certifications specialisms and technical knowledge are relevant and up to date
- Experience supporting CRM and Sales Order Processing systems is mandatory
- Extensive and demonstrable knowledge of Salesforce Sales Cloud & Service Cloud is essential; familiarity with the wider Salesforce product portfolio is beneficial
- Hands on experience working with Salesforce is essential; the ability to configure Salesforce features is beneficial
- Salesforce Certified Administrator & Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I (or equivalent) certifications are highly desirable
- Experience working with 3rd party delivery partners and AppExchange vendors is desirable
- Project Management qualifications are beneficial as is experience of agile project delivery and working in a team that includes skilled Salesforce developers
- Ability to identify and reconcile conflicting business requirements by understanding persona-based business problems and proposing functional and process solutions, accordingly
- Demonstrable experience of having played a significant role in successful Salesforce implementation projects and an ability to advise on best practice, bringing your experience to bear to ensure successful project delivery
- Excellent communication, organisation, presentation & analytical skills with solid business acumen
- Experience in producing deployment release notes to socialise new or amended functional and process changes
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.