Job function: Digital Product
Salary: Competitive market rate salary
Ascential are looking for a Product Designer (FTC) to join our team in London as part of our Product Development function.
Ascential are looking for a new designer to join our team and deliver beautiful and practical UX and UI designs. You’ll work closely with design teams as well as the product development team to create and finesse experience-rich products and features. To apply for this role, you should be able to demonstrate a strong Product Design portfolio that showcases your experience working on end-to-end web and mobile products, whether B2C or B2B.
- Work with design leaders to develop the brands within the portfolio.
- Craft quality visual and interaction design solutions across multiple workstreams.
- Produce wireframes and prototypes of varying fidelities
- Contribute to creative brainstorms and conceptual meetings
- Support the delivery of complex service and product design projects
- Work within multi-disciplinary teams to design, prototype and build cutting-edge propositions and products
- Are interested in mentoring junior team members and helping to improve their skills
- Ideally have 3-4 years minimum commercial design experience
- Ideally have at least 2 years working in a digital agency or tech startup environment
- Understand the long-term vision and business goals, collaborating with cross-functional teams of product, development and design cycle to produce market-ready products.
- Have UI deliverables including wireframes, prototypes, style guides, micro interaction specifications, and pattern libraries.
- Experience of getting involved in multiple stages of the product and service design process, from initial analysis, workshops, sketches, ideas and concepts through to user research, prototyping and the final delivery of designs
Nice if you can demonstrate:
- A polished portfolio demonstrating Product Design across both web and native mobile products, either B2C or B2B.
- That you’ve worked in a design function as a Product Designer
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud as well as wireframing & design tools such as Sketch, Invision, Marvel, Zeplin
- A strong understanding of UI patterns and processes.
- Presentation and creative thinking skills, analytical and problem-solving capabilities, and the ability to work as part of a collaborative cross-functional tea
- An understanding of both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- You are proficient at communicating the reasoning behind your work and providing feedback to others
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.